2022/23 Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship for International Students
Here’s an amazing opportunity for you to further your academic studies abroad on a scholarship without any cost at all. This is a great opportunity for you if you have been dreaming of studying in Hungary on a scholarship. Applications for the Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship program 2022/23 are now open to international students who wish to pursue their academic studies in Hungary.
Moreover, the Stipendium Hungaricum is the most prestigious higher education scholarship program by the Hungarian Government. The scholarship program offers a wide range of courses for international students with excellent academic track records. The Stipendium Hungariumis a fully-funded scholarship available to international students from more than 50 countries to study a wide variety of undergraduate and postgraduate degrees, non-degree, and doctoral programs at Hungarian higher education institutions.
However, in this article, we will information in detail on everything you need to know about the Stipendium Hungaricum. From scholarship benefits to eligibility requirements, how to apply, and any other important information about the scholarship program.
About the Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship Program
The Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship Program was founded by the Hungarian Government in 2013. The program is supervised by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade and managed by the Tempus Public Foundation. Stipendium Hungaricum, being the most prestigious higher education scholarship program of the Hungarian Government, offers a wide range of courses for international students with an excellent academic record.
Moreover, the scholarship aims to support the internationalization of Hungarian higher education and its constant development, to strengthen the international relations of the academic and research community, and to promote the good reputation and competitiveness of Hungarian higher education throughout the world.
However, it is based on bilateral education agreements between Hungary and the governments of the sending countries, and is already available on five continents in almost 80 countries and territories, attracting more than 5000 international students each year. Applicants are offered more than 600 full degree programs, covering all higher education fields at all degree levels, including part-time and doctoral programs. The Mission of the Stipendium Hungaricum scholarship program
Furthermore, the Stipendium Hungaricum scholarship program was established by the Hungarian Government to promote the internationalization of Hungarian higher education and to attract top foreign students from all around the world who can establish personal and professional attachments to Hungary while enjoying high-quality education in the heart of Europe.
The students will also enjoy affordable living costs with a great benefit-cost ratio, a safe and friendly living environment with convenient public transport, a vibrant cultural life, and several UNESCO World Heritage Sites while studying in Hungary. When the graduates return to their home countries with marketable skills and knowledge, they can build civil, political, and economic relationships, contributing to Hungary’s image and recognition abroad.
Moreover, here’s an overview of the Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship program:
Hungarian higher education institutions offering academic programs for scholarship holders
Undergraduate, Postgraduate (Masters and doctoral), and Non-degree programs
Field(s) of Study:
More than 600 full degree programs, covering all higher education fields at all degree levels, including part-time and doctoral programs. You can use the study finder section on the official website for the full list of available study programs and host institutions.
See the scholarship benefits section below for details
Number of Awards:
International students (specific countries) please check the list below
One to six years depending on the study level and program:
- Bachelor’s: 2-4 years
- Master’s: 1.5-2 years
- One-tier master: 5-6 years
- Doctoral: 4 years
- Non-degree programs: 1 year
January 15, 2022
Furthermore, the Stipendium Hungaricum program provides the recipients with the following inclusions:
- Tuition-free education – exemption from the payment of tuition fee
- Monthly stipend –
- non-degree, bachelor’s, master’s, and one-tier master’s level: monthly amount of HUF 43,700 (EUR 120) contribution to the living expenses in Hungary, for 12 months a year, until the completion of studies.
- doctoral-level: according to the current Hungarian legislation, the monthly amount of scholarship is HUF 140,000 (EUR 390 for the first phase of education (4 semesters) and HUF 180,000 (EUR 500) for the second phase (4 semesters) – for 12 months a year, until completion of studies.
- Accommodation contribution – free dormitory place or a contribution of HUF 40,000/month to accommodation costs for the whole duration of the scholarship period (Please note that if the student does not live in the dormitory, the HUF 40,000/month is a contribution to that rental costs, and in bigger cities – especially in the capital city – this contribution would not cover the full amount of rental costs.)
- Medical insurance – health care services according to the relevant Hungarian legislation (Act LXXX of 1997, national health insurance card) and supplementary medical insurance for up to HUF 65 000 (ca. 180 EUR) a year/person.
Eligibility Requirements for Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship Program
However, applicants must meet the following criteria below to be eligible to apply for this scholarship program:
- Applicants must be a citizen of an eligible country (see list below)
- must be enrolled in a full-time or part-time undergraduate, master’s, and Ph.D. degree program at a university in Hungary.
- meet the minimum entry requirements of the chosen study program
For Full-time studies, students from the following countries can apply:
Egypt, Argentina, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Ethiopia, Nigeria, Brazil, Georgia, Iran, Pakistan, Japan, Cambodia, Morocco, Thailand, Iraq, Kyrgyz Republic, Lao, Lebanon, Malaysia, Mongolia, Montenegro, Uruguay, Chile, Colombia, Mexico, Peru, Palestine, Panama, Algeria, Bangladesh, China, Albania, Angola, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Cape Verde, Chile, Costa Rica, Cuba, Ecuador, Ghana, India, Indonesia, Iraq, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Korea, Kosovo, Moldova, Namibia, North Macedonia, Paraguay, Rwanda, Serbia, Singapore, South Africa, Sudan, Philippines, Myanmar, Tajikistan, Turkey, Uganda, Uzbekistan, Yemen, Russian, Vietnam, Eritrea, Israel, Kuwait, Syria, Jordan, Tunisia, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Tanzania.
For partial (exchange) study programs, students from the following countries can apply:
Costa Rica, Nigeria, Georgia, Brazil, Japan, Cambodia, Morocco, Lebanon, Mongolia, China, Albania, Belarus, Chile, Ghana, India, Indonesia, Korea, Moldova, North Macedonia, Rwanda, Singapore, Turkey, Uganda, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Russia, Syria, Mexico, Israel, Yemen.
How to Apply for the Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship Program
Further, you can follow the step-by-step guide below to apply for this scholarship program:
Applications for the Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship are submitted and processed in an online system. However, if you are ready to submit your application for the Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship, please visit this website.
Applicants are to ensure that all supporting documents are uploaded to the application portal before the application expiration date.
- Online application form
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation letter
- Proof of language proficiency and their translations (if necessary) in the language of the selected study program or in the Hungarian language.
- School certificates
- Academic transcripts
- Copy of identification document
- Medical certificate
Moreover, it is important to visit the official website for more detailed information on the eligibility requirements and how to apply for this scholarship. All of the aforementioned documents are compulsory and need to be submitted to the online application before the application deadline, 15 January 2022.
- Australian Government Research Training Program (RTP) Scholarship for Postgraduates 2022/23
- Swedish Institute Scholarships 2022/23 for Global Professionals
- Holland Scholarships 2022/23 for Non-EEA International Students
- ENS International Selection Scholarships 2022/2023 in France
In conclusion, please refer to the official website of the scholarship provider using the link below for more details on the eligibility requirements and application instructions for the Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship program. This is because information may change at any moment without notice.