Radboud University Scholarship Program for International Students 2023
Start your study abroad adventure in the Netherlands. Good news! Here’s a chance to be an integral part of Radboud, a top-rated European university. Applications for the Radboud University Scholarship Program are currently open to international students who wish to study at Radboud University for the next academic session.
The Radboud University Scholarship Program offers a selected number of talented prospective non-EEA students the opportunity to receive a scholarship to pursue a complete English-taught Master’s degree program at Radboud University. However, continue reading to learn more about this exciting scholarship program.
Meanwhile, this article will provide detailed information on everything you need to know about this exciting scholarship program. From the eligibility requirements to the scholarship benefits, how to apply, and any other important information you need to know about the scholarship program.
About the Radboud University Scholarship Program
The Radboud Scholarship Programme is a very selective scholarship program. It offers talented, highly motivated, non-EEA students with outstanding study results the opportunity to be awarded a scholarship for a complete English-taught Radboud University Master’s degree program.
Furthermore, each year, several partial scholarships are awarded within the Radboud Scholarship Programme for the duration of one of the English-taught Master’s degree programs (except for Erasmus Mundus Master’s programs and joint-degree Master’s programs).
Meanwhile, for 2023/2024, a maximum of 26 Radboud Scholarships are available: Faculty of Arts (1), Faculty of Law (9), Faculty of Medical Sciences (1), Nijmegen School of Management (2), Faculty of Philosophy, Theology and Religious Studies (1), Faculty of Science (10), Faculty of Social Sciences (2).
About the University
Radboud University is a public research university located in Nijmegen, Netherlands. Established in 1923, Radboud University has consistently been included in the top 150 universities worldwide by four primary university ranking tables. However, as of 2020, it ranks 105th in the Shanghai Academic Ranking of World Universities.
Moreover, renowned for its green campus in the oldest city in the Netherlands, Radboud University counts over 20,000 students, with 1 in 9 students coming from abroad. The university is home to international students from 100 countries. Radboud University offers 13 Bachelor’s and 36 Master’s programs entirely taught in English and the Radboud Summer School. With more than 50 intensive academic courses at the Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Ph.D. levels and over 600 participants from 75 countries, it is one of the largest summer schools in the Netherlands.
Furthermore, here’s an overview of the Radboud University Scholarship Program.
Radboud University in the Netherlands
Radboud University in the Netherlands
Postgraduate (Master’s level)
Field(s) of Study:
English-taught Masters Degree Program (except for Erasmus Mundus Master’s and joint-degree Master’s programs).
€10,502. See the scholarship benefits section below for details.
Number of Awards:
For 2023/2024, a maximum of 26 Radboud Scholarships are available: Faculty of Arts (1), Faculty of Law (9), Faculty of Medical Sciences (1), Nijmegen School of Management (2), Faculty of Philosophy, Theology and Religious Studies (1), Faculty of Science (10), Faculty of Social Sciences (2).
Non-EU/ EEA International Students
28th February 2023.
Moreover, Radboud University will provide the scholarship recipients with the following inclusions.
A partial scholarship will reduce your tuition fee to € 2,209. For example, a grant holder in 2022/2023 will pay a tuition fee of only €2,209 instead of €16,000.
The scholarships also cover visas, residence permits, health insurance, and liability insurance for your stay in the Netherlands.
In case you are selected as a scholarship recipient and are admitted to a two-year Master’s program, you need to have passed all courses in the first year to qualify for the grant again for the second year.
Eligibility Requirements for the Radboud University Scholarship Program
Furthermore, applicants must meet the following criteria below to be eligible to apply for this scholarship program.
You will only be eligible to obtain a Radboud Scholarship if you:
- hold a non-EU/EEA passport
- are not eligible for the lower EEA tuition fee for other reasons
- have (will obtain) a Bachelor’s degree achieved outside the Netherlands, have no degrees achieved in the Netherlands, and did not receive any previous education in the Netherlands
- have been fully admitted to the English-taught Master’s degree program starting 1 September 2023, as stated in the formal letter of admission
- are able to comply with the conditions for obtaining a visa for the Netherlands
- are enrolled at Radboud University as a full-time student for the academic year and Master’s degree program for which the scholarship will be awarded.
Moreover, the following selection criteria will be considered:
- Talent: This means that applicants must have outstanding study results in their present field of study
- Applicants are expected to be a promising students in his/her desired field of study at Radboud University
- Applicant must have proven academic quality and good results of your prior education, for example through grades, test scores, publications
- Quality of the recommendations in the two reference letters
- Motivation: This will be based on the applicant’s motivation letter for the Master’s program
How to Apply
Meanwhile, you can follow the step-by-step guide below to apply for the Radboud University Scholarship Program.
To begin with, interested and qualified applicants for the Radboud Scholarships 2022/23 are to note that there is no separate application procedure for the scholarship, as students who apply for admission into an English-Taught Master’s program are eligible for the scholarship. However, selecting for RSP and admission to the Master’s degree program are separate processes. Admission to the program does not imply selection for RSP.
- Applicants apply for a Radboud Scholarship by indicating during the applicant’s application for admission in the OSIRIS Application system that they wish to apply for a Radboud Scholarship.
- Applicants will then be requested to upload three additional documents: two reference letters and a curriculum vitae.
In conclusion, please refer to the official website of the scholarship provider using the link below for more detailed information on the eligibility requirements and application instructions for the Radboud University Scholarship Program.