Knight-Hennessy Scholars Program 2022 at Stanford University
Here’s another amazing scholarship on offer to international students worldwide seeking to pursue their study abroad. This is a great opportunity if you have been seeking to study in one of the top universities in the United States of America with a fully-funded scholarship. Applications for the Knight-Hennessy Scholars Program are currently open to international students seeking to pursue a graduate degree in the United States.
Moreover, the Knight-Hennessy Scholars Program offers a fully-funded scholarship to international students to study for Masters and Ph.D. degrees or courses at Stanford University in the United States. However, applications for the KHS program award are highly competitive. Nearly 3,000 graduate students enroll at Stanford University each year. The program will admit 100 high-achieving students with demonstrated leadership potential and civic commitment.
Therefore, in this article, we provide information in detail about the Knight-Hennessy Scholars Program, eligibility requirements, scholarship benefits or inclusions, the application process, and any other important information pertaining to the KHS program.
About The Knight-Hennessy Scholars Program
Knight-Hennessy Scholars Program is an international graduate-level scholarship program for study at Stanford University in the United States. The KHS program was established in 2016 with the pledge of $400 million from Nike co-founder and Stanford Graduate School of Business alumnus Phil, Knight. He made the pledge to Stanford University to establish the KHS and with other numerous benefactors, the program raised a $750 million endowment.
However, the KHS program is named for Phil Knight and Stanford’s tenth president John L. Hennessy. Moreover, Knight-Hennessy Scholars Program’s main objective is to prepare a new generation of leaders with a deep academic foundation and a broad skill set to develop creative solutions to effect positive change in the world.
Through the King Global Leadership Program, the scholars will broaden knowledge, develop skills, and strengthen character. The scholars will participate in leadership development programs, workshops, meetings with leaders, domestic and global study trips, and personal development opportunities for mentorship in addition to their graduate studies.
About Stanford University
Furthermore, Stanford University is a private research university in Stanford California. It was founded in 1885 by Leland and Jane Stanford in memory of their only child Leland Stanford Jr., who died at the age of 15 of typhoid fever. The school ranks among the best universities not only in the United States but also globally.
The university is organized around seven schools: three schools consisting of 40 academic departments at the undergraduate level as well as four professional schools that focus on graduate programs in law, medicine, education, and business. All schools are on the same campus.
Moreover, here’s an overview of the Knight-Hennessy Scholars Program:
Knight-Hennessy Scholars Program
Stanford University, USA
Postgraduate (Master’s and Ph.D.)
Field of Study(s):
A full-time graduate degree program in any subject offered at Stanford (for example, but not limited to, DMA, JD, MA, MBA, MD, MFA, MPP, MS, or Ph.D.) with some exceptions:
- Applicants to the Honors Cooperative Program
- Applicants to the Master of Liberal Arts
- Applicants to the Doctor of Science of Law (JSD)
- Current Stanford students applying for coterminal graduate study
- Current Stanford Ph.D. students adding an MA or MS degree in their current discipline
Number of Awards:
See the scholarship benefits section below for details
Application is open to all countries across the globe
12th October 2022 (Annual)
Scholarship Benefits or Inclusions
However, the Knight-Hennessy Scholars program will provide the successfully selected candidate or recipient with the following inclusions:
- a fellowship applied directly to cover tuition and associated fees
- a stipend for living and academic expenses (such as room and board, books, academic supplies, instructional materials, local transportation, and reasonable personal expenses)
- a travel grant intended to cover an economy-class ticket for one annual trip to and from Stanford
- Furthermore, the KHS Program may provide funding if the scholar or candidate engages in optional research projects during the summer.
Moreover, note that the successful candidates will receive these inclusions during each of the first three years of the study. Also, Knight-Hennessy Scholars may access supplemental funds to support academic enrichment (e.g., conference travel).
However, click here for more details on what is covered by the program and what is not.
Study in the USA for International Students: Universities, Colleges, Requirements, Cost & Visa process for all International Students
Eligibility requirements for the Knight-Hennessy Scholars Program
Moreover, you will have to meet the following criteria in order to be considered eligible for the KHS program.
- To begin with, in addition to applying to the KHS program, you must have to apply, be accepted, and enroll in a full-time graduate degree program at Stanford University. Each incoming Knight-Hennessy Scholar must be a newly enrolling student in a Stanford graduate program including, but not limited to, DMA, JD, MA, MBA, MD, MFA, MPP, MS, or Ph.D. programs. There are no quotas by discipline or program. However, note that priority consideration will be given to those who will spend at least two years studying at Stanford.
- Secondly, you must have earned, in January 2016 or later, a U.S. bachelor’s degree or its equivalent from a college or university of recognized standing. Moreover, to apply to join the cohort in 2023, you must have earned a bachelor’s degree by January 2016 or later. Also, you must have earned a bachelor’s degree by January 2017 or later in order to apply to join cohort 2024.
Furthermore, other criteria for eligibility the program will seek in your application are as follows:
- Independence of thought:
- Demonstrates mental sharpness and intellectual ability
- Seeks out knowledge and new experiences
- Full of original ideas
- Makes sense of ambiguity
- Can hold a contrarian or dissenting point of view
- Purposeful leadership:
- Ambitious in service of a better world
- Driven to improve self and others
- Able to include and elevate others
- Self-aware and adaptable
- Persistent and resilient
- Civic mindset:
- Personally humble and kind
- Supportive and accountable
- Embraces difference
- Concerned for and helpful to others
However, click here for further details on the eligibility requirements for the KHS program.
Study in Canada for International Students: A complete guide to Scholarships, top Universities/Colleges, Courses, Fees
How to apply for the KHS program
Please, follow the step-by-step guideline outlined below to apply for the Knight-Hennessy Scholars Program. However, do ensure that you review the eligibility requirements before applying for this scholarship. However, the application process is as follows:
- Primarily, you must have to apply, be accepted, and enroll in a full-time graduate degree program at Stanford University. you must apply separately to the Knight-Hennessy Scholars program and to your Stanford graduate degree program.
- Moreover, you may apply for both concurrently, but also separately. This is because each incoming Knight-Hennessy Scholar must be a newly enrolled student in a Stanford graduate program including, but not limited to, DMA, JD, MA, MBA, MD, MFA, MPP, MS, or Ph.D. programs.
- Furthermore, click here to review the full list of Stanford’s graduate programs to ensure the university offers the program you wish to study and their specific application deadline.
However, click here for more information on the requirements for the Stanford graduate program application.
Knight-Hennessy Scholars Program
Then for the Knight-Hennessy Scholars Program, follow these steps for applications:
- Step 1: Start your online application for Knight-Hennessy Scholars and prepare application requirements.
- Step 2: Submit the online application for Knight-Hennessy Scholars by the deadline. (Note: You will not be able to edit once you submit your application, with the exception of test scores and recommenders)
- Step 3: If necessary, update test scores for Knight-Hennessy Scholars through your application status page.
- Separately: Prepare and submit all parts of your Stanford graduate degree program application by its deadline. Visit the program website to confirm its application deadline, program requirements, and any fees. Please review deadlines carefully as they vary by degree program, and some programs specify a separate application deadline specifically for Knight-Hennessy Scholars applicants
- You must submit all Knight-Hennessy Scholars application materials in English via our online application. We do not accept materials sent via email or postal mail.
- Moreover, we highly recommend that you apply using a current version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.
However, click here for more details on the application instructions for the scholarship program.
Moreover, you may be required to pay a fee for the Stanford graduate degree program application. In addition to the application process, you must complete both your Knight-Hennessy Scholars application and the entire application process for your graduate degree program, including any standardized test that your graduate degree program requires (GMAT, GRE, LSAT, MCAT, etc.) and, if applicable, an English proficiency test (TOEFL; or, for MBA program only, IELTS or PTE).
In conclusion, please refer to the official website of the scholarship provider using the link below for further information on the requirements and application instructions for the KHS program.