Schwarzman Scholars Program 2022-2023
Join the global community designed to build the next generation of leaders who will serve to deepen the understanding between China and the rest of the world, as the Schwarzman Scholars Program is currently open for accepting applications from individuals of all nationalities.
Therefore, stand a chance to be among the young individuals with excellent academic records and leadership potential that will be awarded this scholarship. However, this article provides all the necessary information you need regarding the Schwarzman Scholars Program 2022/23 from what it’s all about to its benefits, eligibility, and how to apply.
However, the program provides young and bright students the opportunity to develop their leadership and professional skills through a one-year Master’s degree program at the Tsinghua University in Beijing which is among the most prestigious universities in China. Moreover, a new class of approximately 200 students is selected each year to study for a fully-funded Master’s degree at Tsinghua University.
About the Schwarzman Scholars Program
Schwarzman Scholars Program Founded by American financier Stephen A. Schwarzman, is an international postgraduate award program for students across the globe to study at Tsinghua University. The scholarship program was established in 2016, upon the completion of Schwarzman College at Tsinghua University. Each year awards approximately 200 applicants from the United States, China, and subsequently other countries around the world.
The Schwarzman Scholars Program above all selects scholars based on their academic credentials and demonstrated leadership potential. Successful candidates study for a fully-funded one-year Master’s degree in Global Affairs at Tsinghua University—one of China’s most prestigious universities.
Tsinghua University is a major research university in Beijing, China. The university has produced many notable leaders in science, politics, engineering, business, culture, etc. since its establishment in 1911. In other words, it is the alma mater of some of China’s most influential leaders, including the present and previous Presidents, Xi Jinping, the former Chairman of the National People’s Congress; Hu Jintao, and some other notable leaders. it is ranked No. 1 in Asia by the Asia University Rankings and the 15th best university in the world in the QS World University Rankings.
Schwarzman Scholars Program Description
In addition, below is a brief description of the Schwarzman Scholars Program:
Tsinghua University Beijing, China.
Fields of study:
Master’s degree and Leadership Program in Global Affairs with a concentration in either of the following disciplines; International Studies, Public Policy, Economics, and Business.
See the scholarship benefits section below for details
Number of Awards:
Up to 200 annually. About 45% of the first class will come from the United States, 20% from China, and 35% from the rest of the world.
Citizens of all nationalities
The successful candidates selected to become Schwarzman Scholars will certainly receive a comprehensive scholarship that will include the following:
- Tuition Fees
- Travel to and from Beijing at the beginning and end of the academic year.
- It provides an in-country study tour.
- Required course books and supplies.
- Health insurance
- It provides an allowance of $4,000 for personal expenses.
Meanwhile, candidates must meet the following criteria to be eligible for the Schwarzman Scholars Program:
- Required Language: English
- Undergraduate Degree: Above all applicants who are currently enrolled in undergraduate degree programs must ensure to be on track to successfully complete all degree requirements before August 1 of their Schwarzman Scholars enlistment year. However, there are no requirements for a specific field of undergraduate study; therefore, all fields are accepted.
- Age Requirements: Candidates must be at least 18 and not over 28 years of age before August 1 of their Schwarzman Scholars enrollment year.
- Proficiency in the English Language: Most importantly applicants must show strong English Language skills, as all teaching will be done in English. Therefore, official English proficiency tests scores must be submitted with the application in case the applicant’s native language is not English. Acceptable test options are as follows;
- A minimum score of 600 for the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL PBT).
- A minimum score of 100 for the Internet-based Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL iBT).
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) with a minimum score of 7.
- The English Language Proficiency requirement is set aside for applicants who graduated from undergraduate institution where the primary language was English for at least two years of the applicant’s academic program. It is also set aside for applicants who have studied English for two or more years at a Master’s degree level or higher.
- Eligible Countries: All countries across the globe.
Moreover, click here to read the complete eligibility criteria.
Documents Required For Schwarzman Scholars Program Application
However, the following documents will be required for your Schwarzman Scholars Program online application;
- Resume / CV (2 page maximum)
- Academic Transcripts/Records
- Two Essays
- Three letters of Recommendation
- Proof of Language Skills / Test scores
- Video in addition (Optional)
How to Apply For Schwarzman Scholars Program
Firstly, create an online account by clicking here if you’re an international applicant. Similarly, for applicants with Chinese passports, use this link to apply. Then follow the step by step instructions afterward;
- Fill the online application with the following information outlined below:
- Personal information
- Biographical profiles
- Educational background
- Professional experience
- Leadership roles
- Awards and recognition
- Any other additional information required
- Moreover, ensure to include the documents mentioned in the previous sub-topic.
- Then submit your application.
Click here for any questions or inquiries in addition to how to fill out the application.
Moreover, the course starts in the summer of 2022. Meanwhile, the program timelines vary for applicants with Chinese passports and U.S. / global applicants;
In conclusion, please refer to the official website of the scholarship sponsor using the link below for further information regarding the Schwarzman Scholars Program 2022-2023 at the Tsinghua University Beijing, China.
Comments are closed.