Eira Francis Davies Scholarship at Swansea University
Here’s an amazing scholarship on offer to international students who wish to further their academic studies abroad. This is a great opportunity for you if you’ve been dreaming of studying in the United Kingdom on a scholarship. Applications for the Eira Francis Davies Scholarship are currently open to international students from developing countries to study at Swansea University for the 2022/23 academic session.
Moreover, the Eira Francis Davies Scholarship is a full tuition fee scholarship awarded to one outstanding female student per academic year. However, the student must be a national and resident in an eligible developing country, who pursues a postgraduate taught Master’s program within the Faculty of Medicine, Health and Life Science at Swansea University.
Keep on reading to learn more about this exciting scholarship offer. However, in this article, we explain in full details everything you need to know about the Eira Francis Davies Scholarship. The eligibility criteria, scholarship benefits, how to apply, and more.
About the Eira Francis Davies Scholarship
The Eira Francis Davies Scholarship is a full tuition fee scholarship ordinarily awarded to one outstanding female student per academic year. However, the student must be a national and resident in an eligible developing country, who pursues a postgraduate taught Master’s program within the Faculty of Medicine, Health and Life Science.
Swansea University is a public research university located in Swansea, Wales, United Kingdom. It was chartered as University College of Swansea in 1920, as the fourth college of the University of Wales. Then, in 1996, it changed its name to the University of Wales Swansea following structural changes within the University of Wales. Meanwhile, the title of Swansea University was formally adopted on 1 September 2007 when the University of Wales became a non-membership confederal institution and the former members became universities in their own right.
Moreover, Swansea University offers a variety of courses including foundation, undergraduate degrees, and taught and research postgraduate programs in hundreds of subject areas ranging from accounting to zoology. Furthermore, the university is listed as one of the top 500 universities in the World University Rankings. Swansea University is ranked as follows:
- 39th in the Times University Guide 2022
- 24th in the Guardian University Guide 2022
- 440th in the QS World University Rankings 2022
Furthermore, here’s an overview of the Eira Francis Davies Scholarship:
Swansea University, UK
Swansea University, UK
Field(s) of Study:
Full time taught master’s postgraduate courses within the Faculty of Medicine, Health and Life Science at Swansea University:
- Biomedical Science (Clinical Biochemistry), MSc
- Biomedical Science (Clinical Microbiology), MSc
- Child Public Health, MSc
- Clinical Psychology and Mental Health, MSc
- Cognitive Neuroscience, MSc
- Genomic Medicine, MSc
- Healthcare Management, MSc
- Health Data Science, MSc
- Health Informatics, MSc
- Long Term and Chronic Conditions Management, MSc
- Medical Radiation Physics, MSc
- Nanomedicine, MSc
- Public Health and Health Promotion, MSc
- Research Methods in Psychology, MSc
See the scholarship benefits section below for details
Number of Awards:
29 May 2022 (annual)
Furthermore, the scholarship recipient will be provided with the following inclusion:
- A full tuition fee scholarship
Moreover, you must meet the following criteria below to be eligible to apply for the Eira Francis Davies Scholarship:
- hold a minimum 2:1 bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification.
- have formally accepted an offer to study one of the following full-time, postgraduate taught Master’s programs at Swansea University for entry in September 2022.
- be female.
- be a new student at Swansea University from September 2022.
- within their application, demonstrate strong academic ability, financial plan to study, and motivation for their chosen course at Swansea University.
- also be a national, and permanent resident of an EFD Eligible Countries as listed by the World Bank Country and Lending Groups classification as being ‘low income’ or ‘lower-middle income’ as of 1 July 2021.
- not receive any other financial support from Swansea University (e.g. tuition fee reduction, scholarship, or bursary).
- not be a progressing student from The College, Swansea University.
How to Apply for Eira Francis Davies Scholarship
Moreover, you can follow the steps below to apply for the scholarship program:
Above all, to be considered for the scholarship, you must have formally accepted an offer to study an eligible program for September 2022 entry. Moreover, you must also complete and submit the application form online before 29 May 2022, 11:59 pm (BST).
In conclusion, please refer to the official website of the scholarship provider using the link below to access the application form. And for more detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.