Flinders International Research Scholarship in Australia 2022
An amazing scholarship for you to study in Australia in 2022? Here’s an amazing scholarship on offer to international students to begin their academic studies in Australia. The Flinders International Postgraduate Research Scholarship (FIRPS) applications are currently open to international students to pursue their postgraduate studies at the Australian University.
Moreover, the Flinders International Postgraduate Research Scholarship (FIRPS) is awarded on a competitive basis to candidates who demonstrate outstanding aptitude for independent research, academic merit, academic research training, and research indicators and performance. It is aimed at supporting international students to cover their international tuition fees and also provides a stipend. However, continue reading to learn more about this exciting scholarship program.
Meanwhile, in this article, we will explain in full detail everything you need to know about the Flinders International Postgraduate Research Scholarship. From the scholarship benefits to the eligibility requirements, how to apply, and any other important information you need to know about this scholarship program.
About the Flinders International Postgraduate Research Scholarship (FIRPS)
The Flinders International Research Scholarship (FIPRS) is a scholarship specifically intended to support international students that cover international tuition fees and also provides a stipend. Meanwhile, a very limited number of FIPRS for international students are available each year (5 scholarships in 2022) and due to the limited number of scholarships, each round is highly competitive. However, the FIPRS is awarded to candidates who demonstrate outstanding aptitude for independent research, academic merit, academic research training, and research indicators and performance.
Moreover, the scholarship is tenable for up to three years for a Research Doctorate degree and up to two years for a Research Master’s degree. Successful applicants are required to undertake full-time study and must be commencing a higher degree by research in Australia for the first time. Furthermore, applicants for the Australian Government Research Training Program Scholarship (AGRTPS) for international students will be automatically considered for the FIPRS.
Flinders University is a public research university in Adelaide, South Australia. Founded in 1966, it was named in honor of British navigator Matthew Flinders. Who explored and surveyed the South Australian coastline in the early 19th century. Flinders is a verdant university and a member of the Innovative Research Universities (IRU) Group. Academically, the university pioneered a cross-disciplinary approach to education. And also, its faculties of medicine and the humanities have been ranked among the nation’s top 10.
Furthermore, here’s an overview of the Flinders International Postgraduate Research Scholarship (FIRPS).
Flinders University, Australia.
Flinders University, Australia.
Postgraduates (Master’s and Ph.D.) degrees research
Field(s) of Study:
Higher Degree by Research (Ph.D. or Master of Arts by research)
$28,854.00, see the scholarship benefits section below for details
Number of Awards:
5th August 2022
Moreover, Flinders University will provide the International Postgraduate Research Scholarship recipients with the following inclusions.
- The FIPRS program pays the international student tuition fees charged by Flinders University for a research higher degree.
- In addition, a stipend provides the recipient with a generous living allowance paid at the rate of $28,854.00 per annum (2022 rate). It is tax-exempt and indexed annually.
- A FIPRS student who moves to Adelaide from overseas is eligible for an establishment allowance (after arrival at Flinders) of up to $1,485 to assist with relocation costs and airfares, provided receipts can be produced by the student.
Eligibility Requirements for the Flinders International Postgraduate Research Scholarship (FIRPS)
Furthermore, applicants must meet the following criteria below to be eligible to apply for this scholarship program.
- Be a citizen of any overseas country except New Zealand. And also not hold Australian citizenship, Australian permanent resident status, or New Zealand citizenship; and
- Intend to commence full-time study for a higher degree by research in Australia for the first time, in the year for which the award is offered. Students who commenced their higher degree by research in the previous year but who, due to the timing of their application for admission and subsequent enrolment, we’re unable to apply for a FIPRS in that year, or, commenced a higher degree by research and terminated that enrolment within six months of commencement, may be considered; and
- Moreover, applicants must intend to enroll in an area of research concentration. These are areas in which the University has a particular strength, has concentrated its research resources and has attracted external funding; and
- also, satisfy all entry requirements for a higher degree by research. Including the English proficiency levels in accordance with the English Language Proficiency Requirements for HDR Candidature.
How to Apply
Meanwhile, you can follow the step-by-step guide below to apply for this scholarship program.
- To apply for an AGRTPS and FIPRS, you will need to first submit an application for admission to a Higher Degree by Research (Ph.D. or Master of Arts by research). Then followed by an application for the International RHD Scholarship Group.
- You must make contact with an academic staff member in your relevant academic area. And have an agreement from that person to supervise you if you are successful.
In conclusion, please refer to the official website of the scholarship provider using the link below for more detailed information on the eligibility requirements and application instructions for this scholarship program.