Fully Funded Reach Oxford Scholarship 2022 in UK for International Students
Here’s another exceptional scholarship on offer to international students seeking to pursue their academic studies abroad. This is an excellent opportunity for you if you have been dreaming of studying at one of the most prestigious universities in the United Kingdom on a fully-funded scholarship. Applications for the Reach Oxford Scholarship 2022 are currently open to international students who wish to pursue their academic studies at Oxford University, United Kingdom.
Moreover, the Reach Oxford Scholarship is a fully-funded scholarship available to international students of all nationalities across the globe seeking to pursue their undergraduate degree programs at Oxford University. However, this article will provide information in detail about the Reach Oxford Scholarship, its eligibility requirements, scholarship benefits, how to apply, and other important information on the scholarship program.
About The Reach Oxford Scholarship
A number of Reach Oxford scholarships (formerly Oxford Student Scholarships) are offered to students from low-income countries who, for political or financial reasons or because suitable educational facilities do not exist, cannot study for a degree in their own countries. Therefore, applicants must be nationals of countries that receive official development assistance from the Development Assistance Committee (DAC) of the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD).
However, the University of Oxford is a collegiate research university in Oxford, England. Oxford is regularly ranked within the top 5 universities in the world and is currently ranked first in the world in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings and the Forbes’ World University Rankings.
Furthermore, Oxford has educated a wide range of notable alumni, including 28 prime ministers of the United Kingdom and many heads of state and government around the world. As of October 2020, 72 Nobel Prize laureates, 3 Fields Medalists, and 6 Turing Award winners have studied, worked, or held visiting fellowships at the University of Oxford, while its alumni have won 160 Olympic medals. Moreover, Oxford is the home of numerous scholarships, including the Rhodes Scholarship, one of the oldest international graduate scholarship programs. Providing many opportunities for students at Oxford to receive financial help during their studies.
Moreover, here’s an overview of the Reach Oxford Scholarship
Oxford University, United Kingdom
Oxford University, United Kingdom
Full funding scholarships
Scholarship/ Study Level:
Field(s) of Study:
Undergraduate degree programs all subjects in the course listing except for medicine
Number of Awards:
Around 2-3 scholarships per year
See the scholarship benefits section below for details
However, applicants must be nationals of countries that receive official development assistance from the Development Assistance Committee (DAC) of the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD). Which are as follows:
Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Angola, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Belarus, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Burkina Faso, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Chad, Colombia, Congo, Dem. Rep, Costa Rica, Côte d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Jamaica, Kenya, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malaysia, Mali, Mauritania, Mexico, Moldova, Mongolia, Montserrat, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nepal, Niger, Nigeria, Pakistan, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Rwanda, Samoa, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Togo, Tunisia, Turkey, Uganda, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe, and more.
Click here for the complete list of eligible countries.
The scholarship lasts up to 3 or 4 years, depending on the course length
Furthermore, the Reach Oxford Scholarship program provides the recipients with the inclusions per year.
- Tuition and college fees
- A grant for living expenses
- One return airfare
Eligibility Requirements for The Reach Oxford Scholarship
However, applicants must meet the following criteria to qualify for the scholarship program.
- Firstly, note that this scheme is only suitable for candidates who have received an offer and are of the highest academic ability. Therefore, financial needs and social commitment are also primary criteria for selection.
- Applicants should intend to return to their country of ordinary residence following their studies.
- However, priority will be given to students who have not studied at the undergraduate level before.
- Moreover, applicants must be nationals of countries that receive official development assistance from the Development Assistance Committee (DAC) of the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD).
- Also, applicants should note that they must apply for admission to the University before being eligible for the Reach Oxford Scholarship. The University cannot consider scholarship applications from students who have not been offered a place or admission at Oxford.
Visit the official website for more details on the eligibility requirements.
How to Apply for The Reach Oxford Scholarships
Furthermore, follow the step-by-step guidelines below to apply for the scholarship program.
- Firstly, to be considered for the scholarship, you must have applied to the University through UCAS by 15 October 2022 and successfully gained a place.
- Then, you will need to complete a separate scholarship application form.
- Details on applying for 2023 entry will be available on the official webpage in January 2023.
- Moreover, the scholarship application deadline will be around February 2023.
You must visit the official website using the link at the end of this post for more details on how to apply for this scholarship.
However, in addition to the Reach Oxford Scholarship, please note the following.
- Applicants should be aware that competition for the scheme is very high, and the University does not have additional funding for those candidates who are not offered a scholarship.
- Scholars will be expected to write an annual report about their academic and social activities and achievements at the University.
- Receipt of the award in subsequent years is subject to satisfactory academic progress.
- Moreover, if you hold an offer for deferred entry for an undergraduate course at Oxford and you’d like to apply for a scholarship, please apply for the scholarship in January of the year you will start your Oxford course (e.g., in January 2023 if you hold an offer to start in October 2023).
In conclusion, please refer to the official website of the scholarship provider using the link below for more details on the requirements and application instructions for the Reach Oxford Scholarships.