Study in Lithuania 2022: Vytautas Magnus University Scholarships
Another amazing scholarship on offer to international students looking to further academic studies abroad. This is a great opportunity for you if you’ve been dreaming of studying in Europe on a scholarship. Applications for the Vytautas Magnus University Scholarships are currently open to undergraduate and postgraduate international students enrolling for the 2022/23 academic session.
The Vytautas Magnus University Scholarships are for both undergraduate and postgraduate students at the university for this academic session. VMU is accepting applications from eligible, motivated, clever, and talented students and provides them with various scholarship opportunities for full-time bachelor’s and master’s degree students with a variety of financial possibilities.
Scholarship applications (tuition fee waiver for 1 semester or 1 year) for VMU international students who wish to enroll in a degree program at the University will be opened at the beginning of May 2022. Continue reading to learn more about this exciting scholarship program.
Meanwhile, in this article, we will explain in full detail everything you need to know about the Vytautas Magnus University Scholarships. From scholarship benefits to eligibility requirements, how to apply, and any other important information you need to know about the scholarship.
About the Vytautas Magnus University Scholarships
Vytautas Magnus University is seeking ambitious, intelligent, and talented students and offers them various scholarship opportunities for full-time Bachelor´s and Master´s degree studies. There are currently various VMU Scholarships for both Undergraduate and Postgraduate Students enrolling for the 2022/23 academic session. Including tuition fee waivers of 25%, 50%, 75%, or 100%, available for the first study year of full-time bachelor’s and master’s degree programs taught in English.
However, the selection committee will select candidates based on the main criteria which are mentioned in the eligibility requirements section below. Moreover, the scholarship does not apply to applicants for Master´s degree programs: “Sports Business MBA”; or “Sociolinguistics and Multilingualism”.
About the University
Vytautas Magnus University (VMU) (Lithuanian: Vytauto Didžiojo Universitetas (VDU)) is a public university in Kaunas, Lithuania. The university was founded in 1922 and is among the oldest higher education institutions in Lithuania. However, it was initially known as the University of Lithuania and was renamed Vytautas Magnus University to commemorate 500 years of the death of Vytautas the Great, the Lithuanian ruler known for the nation’s greatest historical expansion in the 15th century.
Though its roots are old, VMU is a very modern and international university. It has an extensive network of highly ranked partners all around the globe, enabling its students to participate in many international mobility programs, and explore and gain first-hand experience of the international and transnational processes.
Moreover, Vytautas Magnus University is one of the leading universities in Lithuania and has about 8,800 students, including Master’s students and Ph.D. candidates. There are a little over 1000 employees, including approximately 90 professors. There are also, 13 academic divisions within the university including the faculty of economics and management, the faculty of arts, and the faculty of social sciences among others.
Meanwhile, the university adopts a liberal arts approach to learning. Moreover, the art spaces within the university are used as settings for cultural events for the entire city. This includes the Kaunas Jazz Festival and the International Festival of Modern Dance. Vytautas Magnus University belongs to the top 400 universities in Europe, but is ranked as follows in the 2022 world university rankings:
- Times Higher Education World University Rankings: 1201
- QS World University Rankings: 801
Furthermore, here’s an overview of the Vytautas Magnus University Scholarships:
Vytautas Magnus University, Lithuania
Vytautas Magnus University, Lithuania
Tuition waiver scholarships
Bachelor, Masters, and Ph.D.
Field(s) of Study:
Any full-time Bachelor’s and Master’s degree program taught in English. However, the scholarship does not apply to applicants for Master´s degree programs: “Sports Business MBA”; “Sociolinguistics and Multilingualism”.
See the scholarship benefits section below for details
Number of Awards:
June 1, 2022
Moreover, VMU will provide the scholarship recipients with the following inclusions:
- Tuition fee waiver 25%, 50%, 75%, or 100% for the first study year of full-time Bachelor’s and Master’s degree programme taught in English.
Eligibility Requirements for the Vytautas Magnus University Scholarships
Furthermore, applicants must meet the following criteria below to be eligible to apply for this scholarship program:
- Applicants from any nationality are eligible.
- Must be able to provide academic excellence.
- Apply to one of the undergraduate or masters programs at Vytautas Magnus University.
- Demonstrate an excellent academic performance and high achievements at previous study level(s)
- Demonstrate academic talent and strong motivation in the chosen field of study.
- Meet the University’s academic requirements (Admission score – not lower than 8,5) and your Grade Point Average (GPA) is not lover than 8 out of 10.
- Meet English language entry requirements.
- Hold an offer (Letter of Acceptance) for a full-time Bachelor´s or Master´s Degree Program at Vytautas Magnus University.
How to Apply
Meanwhile, you can follow the step-by-step guide below to apply for the Vytautas Magnus University Scholarships.
Applicants are required to fill in the application form 2022 Scholarship Application Form for Prospective Degree Students and attach to the application form the required application documents. The application will be opened from May 1, 2022.
However, the application steps are as follows:
- Firstly, follow the link; https://epasirasymas.vdu.lt/ create a new account entering a Personal ID Number (or Passport Number for Non-European Union Citizens) and a password.
- Secondly, click on New application (upper left corner of the page);
- Then, choose application form 2022 Scholarship Application Form for Prospective Degree Students, fill it, attach required documents, and submit it.
Moreover, the scholarship application deadline for newly accepted students is June 1, 2022.
However, here are the required documents for the scholarship application:
- Copy of Letter of Acceptance or Letter of Conditional Acceptance issued by Vytautas Magnus University.
- Proof of English proficiency. Minimum requirements: B2 level (TOEFL 87-109 iBT/534-633 PBT, IELTS 5-6,5, Cambridge English First (FCE), BEC Vantage, Michigan ECCE, PTE General Level 3, TOEIC Listening & Reading 785, TOEIC Speaking & Writing 310, Duolingo 100 – 115) if the applicant is not a native speaker and/or had not received education in English.
- Also, documents (scanned copies) certifying the results of applicants’ scientific (art) production and (or) other scholarly activity if any.
- Motivation letter (reasons why you should receive a scholarship, from 400 to 600 words).
In conclusion, please refer to the official website of the scholarship provider using the link below for more detailed information on the eligibility criteria and application instructions for this scholarship.