Fully Funded Asian Development Bank-Japan Scholarship Program 2022/23 for Developing Countries in Asia and Pacific
Do you wish to pursue your studies abroad? Good news! Here’s an amazing scholarship on offer to international students seeking to further their studies abroad. This is a great opportunity for you if you’ve been dreaming of studying in Asia on a fully-funded scholarship. Applications for the 2022/23 ADB-Japan Scholarship program are currently open to international students who wish to enroll for their postgraduate studies in Asia.
The 2022/23 ADB-Japan Scholarship Program is a fully-funded scholarship available to international students who wish to enroll for their postgraduate studies in any of the participating Asian Universities. However, in this article, we will provide information in detail on everything you need to know about the ADB-Japan Scholarship Program. From scholarship benefits to eligibility requirements, how to apply, and any other important information on the scholarship program.
About the ADB-Japan Scholarship Program
Asian Development Bank-Japan Scholarship Program (ADB-JSP), financed by the Government of Japan and organized by the Asian Development Bank, aims to provide opportunities for citizens of ADB’s developing member countries to pursue postgraduate studies. Moreover, the Asian Development Bank–Japan Scholarship Program (ADB–JSP) was established in April 1988 with financing from the Government of Japan.
However, the scholarship program aims to provide an opportunity for well-qualified citizens of ADB’s developing member countries to undertake graduate studies in economics, management, science and technology, and other development-related fields at participating academic institutions in the Asian and Pacific Region. Upon completion of their study programs, scholars are expected to contribute to the economic and social development of their home countries.
Furthermore, here’s an overview of the ADB-Japan Scholarship Program:
The ADB-JSP is financed by the Government of Japan and organized by the Asian Development Bank
Participating academic institutions of the ADB-JSP
Postgraduate (Masters / PhD) studies
Field(s) of Study:
The ADB-Japan Scholarship Program (JSP) offers scholarships a year for postgraduate studies in economics, management, health, education, agriculture, environment, natural resource management, science and technology, and other development-related fields.
However, only programs at the participating academic institutions in the Asian and Pacific Regions are eligible for ADB–JSP funding.
See the scholarship benefits section below for details
Number of Awards:
The ADB-Japan Scholarship Program (JSP) offers about 140 postgraduate scholarships annually
Students from ADB’s developing member countries
Moreover, the ADB-JSP provides the scholarship recipients with the following inclusions:
The ADB–JSP provides
- full tuition fees
- a monthly subsistence and housing allowance
- an allowance for books and instructional materials
- medical insurance
- travel expenses
For scholars engaged in research, a special grant may be available for thesis preparation. Furthermore, the scholarship is for one (1) year with an extension to the second year of study, as appropriate, which shall be conditional on the scholar maintaining a satisfactory level of performance as determined by the institute. The maximum duration of the scholarship award is two (2) years for a master’s program.
Eligibility Requirements for the ADB-Japan Scholarship Program
However, applicants must meet the following criteria below to be able to apply for the Asian Development Bank Japan Scholarship Program:
- You must be a national of an ADB borrowing member and Japanese ODA scholarship eligible country listed here.
- Gained admission to an approved MA course at an academic institution.
- A bachelor’s degree or its equivalent with the superior academic record.
- At least two (2) years of full-time professional working experience (acquired after a university degree) at the time of application. Proficiency in oral and written English communication skills to be able to pursue studies.
- Not more than 35 years old at the time of application. In exceptional cases, for programs that are appropriate for senior officials and managers, the age limit is 45 years old.
- You must also be in good health.
- Should agree to return to his/her home country after completion of studies under the Program.
- Executive Directors, Alternate Directors, management and staff of ADB, consultants, and close relatives of the aforementioned are not eligible for the Scholarship.
- The staff of ADB–JSP-designated institutions are not eligible for the Scholarship.
- Applicants living or working in a country other than his/her home country are not eligible for scholarships.
- ADB–JSP does not support applicants who are already enrolled in graduate degree programs.
- ADB–JSP does not sponsor undergraduate studies, distance learning programs, short-term training, conferences, seminars, thesis writing, or research projects.
How to Apply for the ADB-Japan Scholarship Program
Moreover, you can follow the step-by-step guide below to apply for ADB-JSP:
Applicants should request information and application forms from the chosen Academic Institution(s). Then, the applicants should indicate to the academic institution that they are applying for admission and that they would like to be considered for the ADB–JSP Scholarship.
The completed Institution application form and required documentation, including the ADB–JSP Information Sheet form, should be submitted to the academic institution no separate application to ADB is necessary.
Applicants must ensure that they submit accurate and complete documentation. Failure to do so may result in an application not being processed or an award being terminated if documentation or information provided is later determined to be false. Applicants will need to submit their latest Income Tax Return or Certification of their Annual Salary/Monthly Salary, whichever is available. They should also submit a Certification of Family Income (Parent’s Income).
Other additional documents may be required by the participating institution you wish to apply for admission. However, you will need to confirm the specific documents by visiting the institution’s official website.
Moreover, you should send applications for scholarships at least six months prior to the planned time that you wish to commence your studies. You will have to refer to the normal month of intake and deadline of application in the participating academic institutions.
Furthermore, it is important to visit the official website for more detailed information on the eligibility requirements and how to apply for the Japan Scholarship program. However, note the following in addition to the aforementioned eligibility requirements and application instructions.
- ADB–JSP provides scholarships only to participating academic institutions under the Program. Therefore, you cannot apply to a university or institution outside the participating institutions of ADB-JSP.
- ADB–JSP provides funding only for postgraduate studies. The scholarship program does not sponsor undergraduate studies, distance learning programs, short-term training, conferences, seminar, thesis writing, or research projects.
You May Also Like:
- 2022/23 Hong Kong Ph.D. Fellowship Scheme for International Students
- Laurentian University International Excellence Scholarships 2022/23 in Canada
- Fully Funded Yenching Academy Scholarship 2022 at Peking University
- Fully Funded Global Korean Scholarship (GKS) Program 2022 in South Korea
In conclusion, please refer to the official website of the scholarship provider using the link below for more information on the eligibility requirements and application instructions for the scholarship program. This is because information can change at any moment without notice.