Study in UK for International Students: UK Universities, Courses, Visa & UK Scholarships for International Students
All students who have the dream of taking up a study in one of the amazing places of the world called the United Kingdom (UK) are free to apply for the UK scholarship regarded in a special note as the study in the UK for international students. if this is what you seek then you should be ready for any scholarship from England coming your way of course with your right and complete documents in your hand during application.
Study Abroad Scholarships for colleges are a boom to international students willing to Study in the UK. Although there are no tuition Free Universities in the UK, however, there are many private and government scholarships for international students in the UK.
The United Kingdom is one of the prominently celebrated study-abroad destinations that attracts millions of international students.
In addition to that, the country is renowned for its undisputed reputation in the field of education and has over 150 top universities.
Thousands of students from all over the world study in the UK every year, making UK study the number one choice for international students in Europe.
Hundreds of thousands of international students study in the UK each year, giving the UK a consistently high ranking in popularity.
Students get a world-class education and a good future perspective for studying in British higher education and environment.
securing a British degree certificate will set you apart in today’s competitive job market, regardless of the country you are in.
Why You Should Study in the UK?
The UK has a wide range of courses for all students and also a good environment as well. many reasons why you should study in the UK are below:
- Lower Tuition Fee: An average fee for a master’s program in the country is comparatively lower than its other competitors like the US with 17,392 and 38,380 GBP, respectively as the standard fee for most of the graduates’ courses.
- Strong Research Infrastructure: The latest Research Excellence Framework (REF) classifies 30% of UK university research as ‘world-leading’. About 46% is considered as ‘internationally excellent.
- Scholarship and Financial Aid: The UK offers up to 100% Scholarship on tuition fees in some of the most renowned institutes and allows a fair chance to all to be a part of the UK education system.
- Uk has Internationally Recognized Universities: Universities in the UK have a remarkable international reputation.
- International students can have a Two-year Stay Back: UK Government has allowed a standard stay-back time of 2 years in the UK for international students which allows them sufficient time to explore a range of opportunities.
- Shorter Duration of Courses: With over 60,000 courses to choose from some of the top universities in the UK have some great courses fit for the needs of every individual. The short-duration courses in the UK can be completed in the span of 6 to 11 months.
- Employment/Job Opportunities: With a globally renowned curriculum and research-oriented skills, candidates have studied from the UK.
Some British universities to consider for your studies
Here are some top British universities you should consider for your study abroad adventure:
- University of Birmingham
- The University of Nottingham
- University of Portsmouth
- The University of Edinburgh
- London Metropolitan University
- The University of Hertfordshire
check out more universities offering online Master’s degrees:
- Arden University
- University of Essex Online
- The University of Law
- University of Glasgow Online
- Nottingham Trent University
- Aston University
- University of Bath Online
When to study in the UK
Follow the steps and all the complete application forms must be submitted by the first week of September to UCAS.
Final Deadline for Entry applications:
- Mid of October: Deadline for most of the courses at Cambridge and Oxford. Mostly for medicine, veterinary medicine, dentistry, and other institutions.
- Mid of January: Deadline for the majority of undergraduate courses.
Note: The international students shall be shortlisted by colleges. Documents must be uploaded timely and applications should be submitted before November.
Cost of living in the UK
The cost of accommodation and other expenses in the country will highly depend upon your personal choices and the city you live in.
The average student accommodation price in the UK is approximately 125 GBP per week, a similar rental will cost a student living in Northern Ireland around 91 GBP.
UK Government Scholarships
1. Chevening Scholarships
Chevening Scholarships, the UK government’s global scholarship program, gives awards to outstanding scholars from Chevening-eligible countries around the world. Awards are typically for a one-year Master’s degree.
2. Scotland Saltire Scholarships
The Scottish Government, in collaboration with Scottish universities, is offering Scotland’s Saltire Scholarships to citizens from Canada, China, India, Japan.
Students who wish to study full-time Masters degrees fully delivered in Scottish universities, in the areas of science, technology, creative industries, healthcare, and medical sciences.
3. Commonwealth Masters Scholarships
The Commonwealth Scholarships are for students from developing Commonwealth countries who want to pursue Master’s study in the UK.
These scholarships fund is from the UK Department for International Development (DFID).
Various UK University Scholarships
- University of Sussex Chancellor’s International Scholarships
University of Sussex Chancellor’s International Scholarships are available in the majority of Sussex Schools and are awarded on the basis of academic performance. The scholarship is 50% off the international student tuition fee and is offered for one year.
- Bristol University Think Big Scholarships
In 2020, Bristol University is investing £500,000 to help the brightest and best international students come to the University of Bristol. The tuition fee awards range from £5,000 to £20,000.
- University of West London International Ambassador Scholarships
The International Ambassador Scholarship recognizes and provides financial support for outstanding students who wish to pursue a full-time undergraduate or postgraduate degree at University. The scholars will act as international ambassadors for the University of West London.
- University of West England Chancellor’s Scholarships
The University of the West of England, Bristol offers more than £100,000 worth of scholarships for international students each year. The scholarship covers the full tuition fees for one academic year.
- Gates Cambridge Scholarships
Gates Cambridge Scholarships gives awards to outstanding applicants from any country outside the UK to pursue a full-time postgraduate degree in any subject. A Gates Cambridge Scholarship covers the full cost of studying at Cambridge.
- Clarendon Scholarships at University of Oxford (UK)
The Clarendon Scholarship Fund is a prestigious graduate scholarship scheme offering around 140 new scholarships every year. Clarendon Scholarships give awards on the basis of academic excellence and potential across all degree-bearing subjects at the graduate level at the University of Oxford.
- Edinburgh Global Research Scholarships
The University of Edinburgh will offer 30 scholarships to outstanding overseas students who intend to pursue a Ph.D. Research Programme in any field of study.
- Sheffield Hallam University Transform Together Scholarships
Scholarships are open to international and European Union (non-UK) students applying to study a full-time postgraduate or undergraduate taught course at Sheffield Hallam University.
- University of Westminster Undergraduate Scholarships for Developing Country Students (UK)
Westminster’s Full International Scholarships are the University’s most competitive scholarships that are open to international students. The scholarships cover full tuition fee waivers, accommodation, living expenses, and flights to and from London.
- Warwick Chancellor’s International Scholarships
The Warwick Graduate School awards up to 42 Chancellor’s International Scholarships to the most outstanding Ph.D. applicants yearly. The scholarships include the full payment of overseas tuition fees and a maintenance stipend.
- Developing Solutions Scholarships at Nottingham University
The Developing Solutions Scholarships is designed for international students from Africa, India, or one of the developing countries. Most countries of the Commonwealth want to study for a Master’s Degree at the University.
Ways to Study in the UK: Application steps
To help you in the process of application, let’s begin with a few simple steps:
- Plan your application in advance: Collect all the relevant documents and keep close track of deadlines. Plan your application at least 2 months in advance to allow sufficient time and avoid last-minute hurdles.
- Submit application and wait for acceptance letter: For all the universities in the UK, students have to apply via the UCAS portal.
- Research your options: Choose from the globally renowned institutes and over 60,000 courses you wish to apply to in the UK and check eligibility criteria for the same.
- Financial Planning: International applicants must have a minimum of 12,180 GBP in his/her account as proof of funds and financial stability to be eligible for studying in the country.
- Apply for study in UK visa: Once you have received your offer letter, waste no further time and reach your nearest British embassy along with relevant documents.
Comments are closed.